Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Takes from the Shuswap


I'm sitting lakeside while writing this post. I've come for a week of swimming, canoeing, eating, and general merry making with my family. I was supposed to fly in to Kelowna from Saskatoon and drive up with my aunt and uncle, but the plane coming in to Saskatoon from Toronto was delayed due to thunderstorms. And so, my plane would be delayed and I wasn't going to catch my connection to Kelowna. However, my wonderful cousins, V and A, we're going to be driving up from Vancouver and it turned out that I would make a connecting flight to Vancouver no trouble.  So I got to fly to Vancouver, take the sky train, smell the ocean, and have a beautiful trip from the coast to the interior with some of my favourite people in the world. And when we made it to the Shuswap, we excitedly started swimming, exclaiming over the lovely views and enjoying some delicious beverages while playing bocce ball. We were soon joined by the rest of the group and have been enjoying ourselves lakeside immensely. Tonight is movie night in Salmon Arm and we will see 'Guardians of the Galaxy' or some such thing. It should be highly entertaining. 
J is back at home in Saskatoon and has been very busy baking bread, canning homemade tomato sauce and keeping the home fire burning. Really, he's working, but he can look forward to a holiday in October when I will (probably, but not for sure) be working and certainly will be studying. 
However, now it is time for golf and then some swimming. Talk to you a soon! Love, S 

No comments:

Post a Comment